- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 6 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 22, 2023
- 1 As Needed
- Black Pepper
- 1 As Needed
- 50 gram
- 1 table spoon
- tomato paste
- 3 medium
- 6 medium
- Green pepper
- 6 medium
- 1 As Needed
- 1/4 Tea Spoon
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tea Spoon
- 3 Tea Spoon
- dried oregano
- 3 Tea Spoon
- 3 table spoon
- Olive oil
- 2 medium
- 1000 gram
- veal fillet
Iskender Kebab is one of the most famous Turkish dishes that is popular all over the world. To prepare Iskender Kebab, red meat is seasoned with various spices and seasonings and placed on the fire for cooking.
The only difference between Iskender kebab and other kebabs is in the way of skewering and cutting it. Here, the meat is cooked with a vertical grill and after cooking, it is cut into thin layers.
Turks serve this dish with pita bread, tomato sauce and condensed yogurt, and they also add raw onions and greens. If you enjoy eating Turkish food.
History of Iskender Kebab
Iskender kebab is one of the types of Turkish kebabs that are cooked vertically. Cooking this type of kebab dates back to the 17th century. In 1867, a person named “Iskender Efendi” had a butcher shop in the western province of Bursa. He noticed that the kebabs he prepares are not equally distributed among everyone.
Iskandar changed the way of cooking kebab and grilled the meat vertically on the fire.
To prepare this type of kebab, he would separate the lamb meat from the bone and place it in layers on a stick. The wood was placed vertically on the fire and grilled. Then he cut and divided the meat with a knife. Vertical grilling quickly became popular and spread throughout Turkey.
The Iskender family established several chain restaurants in different parts of the country and put the Kebapçı Iskender brand on it. It is said that the name of Iskender Kebab is derived from the name of Alexander the Great.
In line with this naming, the Greeks expressed their opposition to this matter and said that the name of a Greek hero should not be on a Turkish dish.
Iskender’s family claimed that their grandfather was called Iskender and the name of the kebab was also derived from his name. It seems that the Greeks accepted this claim and gave up their opposition to naming Alexander Kebab. Currently, Iskender Kebab is one of the most famous Turkish dishes.
Important points in preparing Turkish Iskender kebab
- You can use lamb fillet instead of veal to make this dish.
- To make it easier for you to cut the meat, put it in a bag and put it in the freezer for 2 hours until it hardens a little. Then take it out of the freezer and start cutting the meat with a sharp knife.
- To season the meat, it is better to put the meat in the refrigerator overnight until the morning, but if you don’t have enough time, 2 to 3 hours is enough to rest the meat.
- You can use garlic powder and onion powder among other ingredients to season the meat.
- If you don’t have access to pita bread, you can use Berberi bread. Cut Berber bread into small pieces and fry in some butter until toasted.
- You can also use the oven to toast the bread. Turn on the oven to heat up. Then pour a little olive oil in the oven tray and place the pieces of bread on it. Place the tray in the oven to toast the bread.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
Please follow us in linkedin. You can learn all best french food recipe and best Italian food recipe and best arabic food recipes you can check our Reddit page.
How to prepare delicious Turkish Iskender Kebab for 6 people - Online Culinary School
Iskender Kebab is one of the most famous Turkish dishes that is popular all over the world. To prepare Iskender Kebab, red meat is seasoned with
Keywords: Iskender Kebab
Recipe Yield: 6
Preparation Time: PT0H30M
Cooking Time: PT0H20M
Total Time: PT0H50M
- 1 As Needed Black Pepper
- 1 As Needed Salt
- 50 gram Butter
- 1 table spoon tomato paste
- 3 medium Tomato
- 6 medium Green pepper
- 6 medium Tomato
- 1 As Needed Butter
- 1/4 Tea Spoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tea Spoon Salt
- 3 Tea Spoon dried oregano
- 3 Tea Spoon paprika
- 3 table spoon Olive oil
- 2 medium Onion
- 1000 gram veal fillet
Recipe Instructions: Iskender Kebab is one of the most famous Turkish dishes that is popular all over the world. To prepare Iskender Kebab, red meat is seasoned with various spices and seasonings and placed on the fire for cooking. Enjoy your meals!
- To prepare Iskander Kebab, you must first cut the meat. For this, use a sharp knife and cut the fillet into very thin slices. The size of the meat slices should be about 5 x 6 cm. Place the slices on the meat board and beat well with a meat grinder until they are thin. Put the meat pieces in a large bowl.
- Peel and grate the onions. Add grated onion, olive oil, red pepper, oregano, salt and black pepper to the meat and mix well. Be careful that the spices reach all parts of the meat. Then cover the bowl with cellophane and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Wash the tomatoes and peel them. Then chop the tomatoes and make a puree using a food processor. Put a frying pan on the stove and put the butter in it to heat it. Then pour the tomato paste in the butter and fry a little until the raw smell is removed.Add the tomato puree to the paste and fry a little. Then pour two glasses of water into the pan and let it boil on the heat until the sauce thickens. At the end, add salt and pepper to the sauce and take it off the stove.
- Place a suitable frying pan on the heat. Pour some olive oil into the pan and put the meat slices in it. Fry the meat on high heat for 3 minutes on each side. In the last step, put a large spoonful of butter in the pan and fry with the pieces of meat.
- Iskander kebab is served with pita bread, tomatoes and green peppers. After removing the meat from the pan, divide the tomatoes into two halves and put them in the pan to fry. Fry the green peppers along with the tomatoes and set aside.
- Cut the pita bread into 3 x 3 cm pieces. Put some butter in the pan and put the pieces of bread in it. Let the buns toast a little. Then turn them over so that the other side is also golden.
- Put the toasted breads in the desired container. Pour some tomato sauce on the bread. Place the fried meat on the bread and pour some melted butter on it.Place the tomato and fried pepper next to the bread and kebab and serve. Turks serve Iskender Kebab with condensed yogurt. If you like, put some yogurt next to your food and complete the taste of the food with vegetables and raw onions.
No comments yet, be the first to leave one!