- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 90 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- February 11, 2023
If you are interested in spicy food and you are planning to travel to India, you must try rogan josh in one of the restaurants in this country. Rogan Josh or meat oil is one of the spicy Indian dishes that is cooked with lamb meat in a tomato sauce prepared with special spices.
This dish is one of the types of Indian stews and it is eaten with rice in restaurants in this country, but it can be eaten with vegetable salad as well.
Rogan josh is a Kashmiri staple and is one of the staples of the Kashmiri multi-course meal (wazwan). This dish was originally brought to Kashmir by the Mughal, whose cuisine was in turn influenced by Persian cuisine.
More information about Indian rogan josh
The relentless summer heat of the Indian plains often drives the Mongols to Kashmir, which has a cooler climate due to its altitude and latitude. In India, rogan josh is made with goat instead of mutton. Learn how to make Bread in your home.
If you are obese, be sure to use the weight loss section. Our experts are waiting for you in this section to help you fight obesity.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience. 1TouchFood online cooking training center has put a world of training for you
How to prepare best Indian rogan josh for 4 people - 1Touch Food Culinary Center
You must try rogan josh in one of the restaurants in this country. Rogan Josh or meat oil is one of the spicy Indian dishes that is cooked with lamb
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: rogan josh
Recipe Yield: 4
Preparation Time: PT0H10M
Cooking Time: PT1H30M
Total Time: PT1H40M
- 2 table spoon Butter
- 2 table spoon spice
- 1 large Onion
- 3 clove Garlic
- 1 table spoon ginger root
- 5 table spoon tomato puree
- 1 Tea Spoon Salt
- 750 gram mutton
- 5 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 Tea Spoon Garam masala
- 1/2 Tea Spoon fennel powder
- 125 gram Yogurt
- 1 As Needed coriander
Recipe Instructions: This dish is one of the types of Indian stews and it is eaten with rice in restaurants in this country, but it can be eaten with vegetable salad as well. Enjoy your meal!
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onion pieces are browned.
- Add garlic and ginger, and cook for another minute. Add the spices.
- Mix the tomato puree and salt, then add the stock and mix. Add the lamb, stir, and let it simmer. Close the lid and set the heat to low or medium-low to cook slowly.
- Cook for 1 hour 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until the lamb is completely tender - use 2 forks to check, it should come away very easily. Remove the lid and continue to cook for another 15 minutes (until the sauce has reduced a bit) – the lamb should be very tender at this point.
- Mix yogurt, garam masala and extra fennel. Cook for a few more minutes. If desired, serve with basmati rice, and sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves and other garnishes.