- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 180 mins
- 6 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 22, 2023
- 1 1/2 table spoon
- Lemon juice
- 1/2 Tea Spoon
- Black Pepper
- 1 Tea Spoon
- 1/4 cup
- Olive oil
- 1 medium
- leg of lamb
- 5 medium
- 3 medium
- 1/2 cup
- warm water
To prepare tandir kuzu, lamb meat is first seasoned and cooked on low heat. Then the cooked meat is cut into pieces with a fork and served with rice and vegetables such as peppers, tomatoes and potatoes. kuzu tandir has soft and tender meat and is easily separated from the bone.
History of Turkish kuzu tandir
kuzu means lamb meat in Turkish and tandir is its cooking method. Turks call any meat that is grilled and roasted slowly in its own water on charcoal, gas stove or oven.
Tandir is an old method of cooking meat. In ancient times, meat was placed in special ovens to be cooked.
Tandir cooking was invented by the Seljuk Turks and their ancestors from Central Asia and is still seen in countries such as Turkey, Greece, Caucasus, India, Pakistan and Afghanistan. In the villages of Iran, tandir is also used for baking bread.
Important points in the preparation of tandir kuzu
- You can also use onions and garlic for a better taste of Tandir koso.
- Peel an onion and divide it into several parts. Put the onions along with a few cloves of garlic on the lamb meat and put it in the oven.
- In some recipes, it is seen that pomegranate paste is also used to flavor the meat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pomegranate paste to the mixture of olive oil and lemon juice and season the lamb with it.
- When dividing the thighs, be careful that the pieces are the same size. In this case, all the pieces cook together and equally.
- Cooking meat with low heat is one of the most important points of preparing delicious Tandir kuzu. Start early so you have enough time to cook the meat.
- Be careful that pouring cold water on the meat will make it slow to cook. Therefore, be sure to use hot water to cook meat.
- To prepare vegetables for Tandir kuzu, peel 5 potatoes and divide them into two parts. Cut 3 carrots into 3 to 4 cm pieces. Grease the oven tray and put the potato and carrot pieces and 6 green peppers in it. Then place the tray at 180 degrees for 45 minutes to cook.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
Please follow us in linkedin. You can learn all best french food recipe and best Italian food recipe and best arabic food recipes you can check our Reddit page.
The best way to prepare Turkish tandir kuzu for 6 people - Online Culinary School
To prepare tandir kuzu, lamb meat is first seasoned and cooked on low heat. Then the cooked meat is cut into pieces with a fork and served with
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: tandir kuzu
Recipe Yield: 6
Preparation Time: PT0H15M
Cooking Time: PT3H00M
Total Time: PT3H15M
- 1 1/2 table spoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 Tea Spoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tea Spoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 medium leg of lamb
- 5 medium laurel
- 3 medium Rosemary
- 1/2 cup warm water
Recipe Instructions: To prepare this dish, lamb meat is first seasoned and cooked on low heat. Then the cooked meat is cut into pieces with a fork and served with rice and vegetables such as peppers, tomatoes and potatoes. kuzu tandir has soft and tender meat and is easily separated from the bone. Enjoy your meals!
- You need a leg of lamb to make tandir kozo. Wash the lamb thigh well and remove as much excess fat as you can. Divide the lamb thigh into several parts and place in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, pepper and salt and pour over the lamb. Put the ingredients all over the meat with your hands and massage a little.
- Preheat the oven to 285°F. Place the seasoned lamb meat in the oven tray and place bay leaves and rosemary branches on it. Put the tray in the oven and let it cook slowly. After half an hour, turn the pieces of meat and cook the other side as well. Repeat this every half hour.
- After an hour and a half, pour half a cup of hot water over the meat and cover the tray with aluminum foil. Set the oven temperature to 365 degrees Fahrenheit and let the lamb roast in the oven for at least another hour. Be careful that the meat is cooked when the texture of the meat is completely soft and easily separated from the bone.
- Your Tandir Queso is ready. Remove the tray from the oven and remove the foil after 5 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and rosemary from the tray and discard. Separate the meat from the bone with a fork and put it in the desired dish. You can serve this delicious dish with rice and enjoy eating it.
No comments yet, be the first to leave one!