- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- February 28, 2023
45 Best BBQ Grilling Recipes Fast and Healthy - Downloadable PDF Book$10.00$4.00Buy Now
German Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, also known as Black Forest Cake, is a classic German dessert that is made with layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream, and cherries. The cake is usually decorated with chocolate shavings and cherries on top.
30 healthy Recipes for Special Occasions - Download PDF Book$10.00$3.00Buy Now
The cake originated in the Black Forest region of Germany, which is known for its cherry orchards. The cake is traditionally made with a light and fluffy chocolate sponge cake, which is layered with whipped cream and cherries. The cherries are usually soaked in a cherry liqueur, such as kirschwasser, which gives the cake its distinctive flavor.
To make the cake, start by making the chocolate sponge cake. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease two 9-inch round cake pans. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. In a separate bowl, beat together 1 cup of softened butter, 1 cup of granulated sugar, and 2 eggs until light and fluffy.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Divide the batter evenly between the two cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool completely before assembling the cake.
To assemble the cake, place one of the cakes on a cake stand or plate. Spread a layer of whipped cream over the cake and top with a layer of cherries. Place the second cake on top and spread a layer of whipped cream over the top and sides of the cake.
To decorate the cake, sprinkle chocolate shavings over the top and sides of the cake. Place cherries around the edge of the cake and in the center. Refrigerate the cake for at least an hour before serving.
The Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte is a classic German dessert that is sure to impress. The combination of light and fluffy chocolate sponge cake, whipped cream, and cherries is a classic flavor combination that is sure to please. The cake is perfect for any special occasion and is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
History of German Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte
The cake is believed to have been created in the late 19th century, when the cherry harvest was plentiful in the Black Forest region. The cake was originally made with a cherry liqueur called kirschwasser, which is still used in some recipes today.
The Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte became popular in the 1950s, when it was featured in a German cookbook. Since then, Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte has become a popular dessert in Germany and around the world. Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte is often served at special occasions such as weddings and birthdays.
Today, the Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte is a beloved German dessert that is enjoyed by many. It is a classic example of German baking and is sure to be a hit at any gathering.
Our cooking training center has collected unique materials for you dear ones. This content is very useful and will help you cook the best and most delicious food for yourself and your loved ones at home.
The recipe section is for introducing the best dishes of the nations. Dear ones, you can see the best dishes in this section and cook whatever you want at home. Don’t forget to read the recipe and ingredients before doing anything to determine your cooking needs.
Soon we will be with you with a more professional team with more facilities. We suggest that if you are overweight, fill out the and wait for our experts to contact you and send you the right meal plan.
The slogan we put on our site is to fight obesity. In this regard, we will provide you with many suitable recipes. Be sure to follow our site to learn about many healthy foods. Do not forget that a healthy life requires extensive changes. One of these changes is changing food. So eat healthy.
How to prepare Best German Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte for 4 people - 1Touch Food Culinary Center
German Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, also known as Black Forest Cake, Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte is made with layers of chocolate cake,
Keywords: Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte
Recipe Yield: 4
Preparation Time: PT0H30M
Cooking Time: PT0H45M
Total Time: PT1H15M
- 1 As Needed cocoa powder
- 1 Tea Spoon Vanilla extract
- 2 Tea Spoon sugar powder
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tea Spoon Kirsch (cherry brandy)
- 2 Tea Spoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can pitted cherries
- 1 Tea Spoon Baking Pouder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 As Needed Chocolate shavings
Recipe Instructions: German Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, also known as Black Forest Cake, is a classic German dessert that is made with layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream, and cherries. Enjoy your Meals!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed for 5-7 minutes, or until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Gradually fold in the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool completely in the pans. In a medium saucepan, combine the cherries, sugar, cornstarch, and Kirsch over medium-high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Set aside to cool. To make the whipped cream frosting, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the cooled cakes from the pans and place one layer on a serving plate. Spread half of the cherry filling over the cake layer. Add a layer of whipped cream on top of the cherry filling. Add the second cake layer on top of the whipped cream, and repeat the process of adding cherry filling, then whipped cream on top of that.
- Use a spatula to spread the remaining whipped cream on top and around the cake. Decorate with chocolate shavings or cocoa powder. Chill the cake for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy your delicious Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte for four!