- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 23, 2023
- 4 medium
- 1 clove
- 5 medium
- 6 table spoon
- 1/2 table spoon
- tomato paste
- 3 medium
- 1 Tea Spoon
- 1 As Needed
- 1 As Needed
- Black Pepper
This delicious food (Mirza Ghassemi) is one of the traditional and authentic dishes of Gilan province in Iran, and today its fame has reached other provinces and even other countries. In general, Gilan province has a high variety of food, and this variety has made the rich culture of this province always popular.
The ingredients of Mirza Ghasemi are eggplant, eggs, tomatoes, garlic, turmeric and sea salt.
Important tips to prepare Iranian Mirza Ghassem
Try to use fresh and organic ingredients to prepare Mirza Ghassemi , so that you can prepare and serve excellent and unique food at home.
You can prepare and cook Mirza Ghassemi with grilled or fried eggplant, but we suggest you to use the grilled version, which has an extremely delicious taste.
Remember that you can use other vegetable oils such as corn, sesame or instead of olive oil to bring you healthy and useful food.
Some people tend to use tomato paste because they don’t have tomatoes and want to use it, but it is important to know that the taste of tomato adds to this food is not comparable to tomato paste.
Notes about How to prepare Iranian Mirza Ghassemi
- Mirza Ghassemi is well known as a delicacy in Iran, particularly among the northern regions. Based in Gilan, the bundle of flavor created by the heavenly mixture of grilled eggplants and fried garlic are undeniably appetizing. It can be considered a healthy vegan choice if you decide to omit the eggs from respective ingredients.
- Choose the types of eggplants with a higher flesh to seed ratio. Lean and medium sized eggplants such as Italian or Chinese eggplants are fleshy, and will work the best.
- You can grill the whole tomatoes as well. Roast and rotate the tomatoes on the heat until they are softened and the skin is tender.
- Make sure you use fresh garlic cloves. What we are looking for is the tangy, peppery aroma of fresh garlic; so options such as garlic powder just would not click the way they should.
- The eggs can also be scrambled separately, and then added on top of the eggplant mixture for more appeal.
- Avoid putting the lid on the pan while the mixture is simmering. You want the excessive moisture to be drained thoroughly. However, make sure to stir from time to time so the bottom of the mixture doesn’t burn.
- You can also add a table spoon of fresh lemon juice to the mixture while it’s simmering. Stir in the lemon juice well, so the components will absorb the flavor before allowing the excess moisture to evaporate.
- Mirza Ghassemi is a diet-friendly dish you can enjoy as a main course.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
Please follow us in linkedin. You can learn all best french food recipe and best Italian food recipe and best arabic food recipes and best Iranian food recipes you can check our Reddit page.
How to prepare Best Iranian Mirza Ghassemi for 4 people - Online Culinary School
This delicious food (Mirza Ghassemi) is one of the traditional and authentic dishes of Gilan province in Iran, and today its fame has reached other
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: Mirza Ghassemi
Recipe Yield: 4
Preparation Time: PT0H20M
Cooking Time: PT0H30M
Total Time: PT0H50M
- 4 medium eggplants
- 1 clove Garlic
- 5 medium Tomato
- 6 table spoon oil
- 1/2 table spoon tomato paste
- 3 medium Eggs
- 1 Tea Spoon Turmeric
- 1 As Needed Salt
- 1 As Needed Black Pepper
Recipe Instructions: This delicious food (Mirza Ghassemi) is one of the traditional and authentic dishes of Gilan province in Iran, and today its fame has reached other provinces and even other countries. In general, Gilan province has a high variety of food, and this variety has made the rich culture of this province always popular. Enjoy your meals!
- First off, you will need to grill the eggplants. The grilling can be done on direct stove heat or hot coal. Keep grilling and rotating until the skin is charred and the eggplants are cooked. Set them aside to cool.
- Pour the oil onto a large pan on medium heat. Add the diced garlic and sauté for a minute or two until it turns golden and the garlic aroma is released. Next, add in the tomato puree and stir. You can mix in a tablespoon of tomato paste to enhance the flavor.
- Peel the eggplants and chop them into fine pieces. For more consistency, you can mash the eggplants using a fork.
- Add the eggplants to the pan and season with salt, pepper and turmeric. If you prefer to include eggs, beat them together in a bowl and add the eggs to the pan as well. Let it simmer and thicken until the excess moisture evaporates.
- The delicious mirza ghassemi is ready! This dish can be enjoyed with Asian style lavash or pita bread, or cooked rice.
No comments yet, be the first to leave one!