- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 80 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 24, 2023
Zereshk polo is the best and most delicious Iranian food that you can cook in your home. Really this food is delicious, so we suggest you learn Zereshk polo from Iranian recipes.
If you’re attending a Persian dinner party or planning to host a gathering yourself, barberry rice with chicken stew would most likely be the first cuisine option. This highly savored and popular dish is frequently served in formal events, ceremonies, and family gatherings.
Chicken stew is a fairly easy dish to prepare, and you can master it in a few tries. Chicken stew is mostly served along with French fries, roasted or fried tomatoes, and traditionally cooked rice.
Notes about How to prepare iranian Zereshk polo ba Morgh (rice with chicken stew)
- The sauce will be most delicious when it’s mildly thick. Make sure you don’t add too much water; but if the sauce goes way too thick, you can add a cup of hot water to help retain the texture.
- Be careful not to overcook the barberries. Overdone barberries would darken, and the taste will turn unpleasant.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
Best Iranian Zereshk polo ba Morgh (rice with chicken) 4 people - 1Touch Food Culinary Center
Zereshk polo is the best and delicious Iranian food that you can cook it in your home. really this food we suggest you to learn Zereshk polo
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: Zereshk polo
Recipe Yield: 4
Preparation Time: PT0H30M
Cooking Time: PT1H20M
Total Time: PT1H50M
- 4 medium Chicken breast
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 table spoon tomato paste
- 1 table spoon Lemon juice
- 1 Tea Spoon Salt
- 1 Tea Spoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tea Spoon Turmeric
- 1/2 Tea Spoon nutmeg
- 1 As Needed oil
- 2 medium laurel
- 50 gram dry plums
- 4 cup Rice
- 3 table spoon Butter
- 2 table spoon oil
- 1 cup Berberis
- 2 table spoon sugar
- 2 table spoon brewed saffron
Recipe Instructions: Zereshk polo is the best and most delicious Iranian food that you can cook in your home. Really this food is delicious, so we suggest you learn Zereshk polo from Iranian recipes. Enjoy your Meals!
- You'll need to soak the rice for at least 4 hours before getting started. Rinse the rice a couple times inside a large bowl, and fill the bowl with warm water until the rice is submerged. Add two teaspoons of salt, and allow it to soak.
- In a deep pot, heat some vegetable oil. Place the chicken pieces inside the pot. Allow the chickens to fry for about 10 minutes, turn them over and allow the other side to fry as well.
- Wait around 20 minutes until the chickens turn golden brown. Add four cups of boiling hot water to the pot. Add the diced onions, salt, pepper, turmeric, lime juice, rosemary (or bay leaves) and tomato paste and mix around to coat the chicken pieces. You can toss in a handful of dried plums for more flavor. Turn the heat to medium setting and allow the pot to simmer.
- . To prepare the rice, fill a large pot with tap water and set it to boil. Once the boiling is started, drain the brine and add the rice to the pot. Wait for about 3 minutes and check the rice to make sure it doesn't go too soft. Test the rice and once it's halfway cooked, drain the hot water. Rinse the rice with some cold water. Pour some vegetable oil onto the pot you're going to cook the rice inside, and put the rice back in the pot. Set the pot on high heat for about 5 minutes, and then lower the heat to medium heat to allow the rice to cook thoroughly.
- Wash and rinse the barberries. In a separate pan, heat some vegetable oil. Add the sugar and the barberries and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Before serving, mix a couple spoonfuls of cooked rice inside a bowl with the brewed saffron and use it along with the fried barberries to garnish the rice. You can also serve the chicken sauce in separate bowls.