- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 6 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 22, 2023
- 1/3 cup
- fresh parsley
- 1 table spoon
- 2 Tea Spoon
- Black Pepper
- 1 table spoon
- 5 small
- 1 medium
- 1 large
- 600 gram
- ground lamb
- 1/4 cup
- 1 Tea Spoon
urfa kebab is one of the delicious Turkish kebabs. This kebab has the same recipe as Adana kebab and is prepared with ground lamb. urfa Kebab, unlike Adana Kebab, is not spicy and has a mild taste.
To prepare urfa Kebab, minced sheep meat is seasoned with various spices and kneaded well until it becomes sticky. Then the meat is skewered and grilled on the grill.
urfa Kebab looks similar to Iranian koobideh kebab and is served with pita bread.
History of urfa Kebab
When we talk about the food culture of Turkey, the first name that comes to our mind is Turkish kebab. Turks have a variety of kebabs in their food culture and prepare them in different ways. Kebab is made with sliced meat or minced meat and placed horizontally or sometimes vertically on the fire. The instructions for preparing kebabs are different in different cities of Turkey.
urfa kebab is one of the types of Turkish kebabs. This kebab takes its name from the city of Shanli urfa in Turkey. urfa is a fertile region located in the southeast of Turkey. Shanli urfa is more than 12,000 years old and was the birthplace of prophets such as Ibrahim, Ayyub, Shoaib and Jerjis.
For this reason, there are many historical and religious works in this city. The city of urfa played a very important role in the 1920s and in the Turkish War of Independence.
People who live in urfa are mostly Arabs or Kurds. The cuisine of this city is also rooted in its history and culture and is related to different Arab, Kurdish, Turkish, Syrian or Armenian ethnic groups.
Kebab is an Arabic word and means roasting. According to what is written in the history, kebab made its way to Anatolia from the Arab region and today it is considered one of the most popular dishes in Turkey.
Important points in preparing urfa Kebab
- A combination of mutton and beef is traditionally used to prepare urfa Kebab. You can use lamb alone or combine it with beef.
- In order to have a better barbecue, it is recommended to combine 80% lean meat with 20% fatty meat.
- If you don’t like the taste of garlic and onion, you can remove it or use onion powder and garlic powder instead.
- If you are using onions, choose yellow or white onions for this.
- If you don’t have access to fresh parsley or dill, you can use dried herbs.
- Of course, be careful that the amount of dried vegetables should be less than its fresh type.
- Place the meat in the refrigerator after kneading.
- This makes the meat firmer and easier to shape.
- If you have enough time, rest the meat for an hour.
- Skewering pounded meat is not that difficult.
- If you have kneaded the meat well, it will easily stick to the skewer and take shape.
- While skewering the kebabs, place a bowl of cold water next to you and constantly wet your hands with it.
- This will make the meat not stick to your hand and it will be easier to shape.
- If you don’t have a metal skewer, you can use a wooden skewer to prepare Urfa Kebab.
- Shape the meat on a wooden skewer and arrange it on a grid and put it on the grill.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
Please follow us in linkedin. You can learn all best french food recipe and best Italian food recipe and best arabic food recipes you can check our Reddit page.
How to prepare Best Turkish urfa kebab for 6 people - Online Culinary School
urfa kebab is one of the delicious Turkish kebabs. This kebab has the same recipe as Adana kebab and is prepared with ground lamb. urfa Kebab
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: urfa kebab
Recipe Yield: 6
Preparation Time: PT0H20M
Cooking Time: PT0H20M
Total Time: PT0H40M
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1 table spoon cumin
- 2 Tea Spoon Black Pepper
- 1 table spoon paprika
- 5 small Garlic
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 large Eggs
- 600 gram ground lamb
- 1/4 cup dill
- 1 Tea Spoon Salt
Recipe Instructions: urfa kebab is one of the delicious Turkish kebabs. This kebab has the same recipe as Adana kebab and is prepared with ground lamb. urfa Kebab, unlike Adana Kebab, is not spicy and has a mild taste. Enjoy your Kebab!
- Put the minced meat in a bowl. Grate the onion and garlic and add to the meat. Clean parsley and dill and chop after washing. Add the chopped vegetables to the meat bowl along with the spices. Knead the meat well with your hands. You have to put pressure on the meat to knead it. Then gather the meat from the sides of the bowl and throw it towards the center. Do this for 20 minutes until the meat becomes sticky and cohesive. After finishing the work, cover the lid of the bowl with cellophane and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bowl containing the meat from the refrigerator. Place a bowl of water next to your hand. Wet your hand a little and remove some of the meat. Cut the meat into balls and put it on the skewer. With your fingers, gently open and shape the meat on the skewer. Try to spread the meat evenly on the skewer. Do this for the other 11 skewers.
- Prepare the charcoal. Let the charcoal burn a little and get a gentle and uniform heat. Place the skewers on the grill. Wait for about 3 to 5 minutes until one side of the kebab is cooked. Then turn it over so that the other side is also grilled.urfa Kebab is ready. You can also skewer some peppers and tomatoes and grill them. Turks serve urfa Kebab with pita bread.
No comments yet, be the first to leave one!