- Preparation time
- 120 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 8 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 22, 2023
Turkish pide is one of the most famous dishes in Turkey, known as Turkish pizza. Like pizza, Turkish pide is prepared from a piece of dough that is filled with ingredients such as meat, vegetables and cheese before putting it in the oven.
This food has different flavors according to the ingredients used in it. Some people use chicken instead of red meat, and if they are vegetarian, they only put vegetables and cheese in their Turkish pide.
The history of the Turkish pide
It dates back to the 1850s. When the bakers of Bafra city used to fill the bread with ingredients before putting it in the oven. This type of bread was welcomed very soon and became popular in other places as well. At first, the Pide were very simple, but later, other ingredients such as beef, sausage, cheese, and various seasonings were added to it, and it became the present day.
This food is traditionally cooked in brick and stone ovens. Many Turkish restaurants still use these ovens to cook Turkish pide , but homemade Turkish pide is placed in a regular oven.
This dish is a very popular traditional dish that is served in family and friendly parties and has many fans. Wherever you travel to Turkey, you will see the name Turkish pide on the menu of its restaurants.
Tips for preparation of Turkish pide
- When kneading, do not dip your fingers into the dough and do not grab it. This will cause the dough to stick and spoil.
- In Turkey, pide is served with an egg. Cut the egg in half and place it on the egg. You can do this too if you like.
- Mixed lean meat is used to prepare the ingredients for this dish. You can also use chicken, turkey, sausage or sausage to make pide.
- If you are using chicken in the preparation of pide, cook the chicken breast and chop it. Then add the chopped chicken to the onion along with bell pepper.
- Use a combination of green and red bell peppers to color the meat sauce.
- You can use chopped tomatoes instead of tomato paste. For this, chop three tomatoes and pour them into the meat mixture.
- If you are a vegetarian and don’t eat meat, use soy instead of meat. Mushroom, potato and spinach pies are also very popular and recommended for vegetarians.
- You can apply a little egg yolk on the pastry to make it more attractive. To do this, separate the white and the yolk and before placing the pide in the oven, apply the yolk on the pide dough with a brush.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
How to prepare the Best Turkish pide for 8 people - 1Touch Food Culinary Center
Turkish pide is one of the most famous dishes in Turkey, known as Turkish pizza. Like pizza, Turkish pide is prepared from a piece of dough that is
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: Turkish pide
Recipe Yield: 8
Preparation Time: PT2H00M
Cooking Time: PT0H20M
Total Time: PT2H20M
- 1 Tea Spoon cumin
- 1 Tea Spoon Coriander powder
- 1 As Needed Pizza cheese
- 3 small Garlic
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 medium Bell pepper
- 500 gram ground beef
- 2 table spoon Olive oil
- 1 Tea Spoon sugar
- 2 Tea Spoon Salt
- 1 1/2 table spoon yeast
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 cup Flour
- 1 Tea Spoon Curry powder
- 2 table spoon tomato paste
- 1 As Needed Salt
- 1 As Needed Black Pepper
- 1 As Needed fresh parsley
Recipe Instructions: Turkish pide is one of the most famous dishes in Turkey, known as Turkish pizza. Like pizza, Turkish pide is prepared from a piece of dough that is filled with ingredients such as meat, vegetables and cheese before putting it in the oven. Enjoy your meals!
- The first step to prepare pide is to make the dough. To make the pie dough, put yeast and sugar in a bowl and add lukewarm milk to it. Be careful that the temperature of the milk Stir the ingredients to combine well. Cover the container and let it rest for about 10 minutes until the yeast activates. Sift the flour and add it to the ingredients little by little. Stir the ingredients at the same time to combine the flour with the rest of the ingredients. should be around 40 degrees.At this stage, add olive oil to the dough and knead well with your hands. Put the prepared dough in a closed container and put it in a warm place for one to two hours to rise.
- Choose a suitable frying pan and pour some oil in it. Let the oil heat up a little. Chop the onion and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. When the onion is soft, grate the garlic and put it in the onion.In the next step, add the minced meat along with the spices. Let the meat fry a little and change its color. Then pour the tomato paste into the meat and mix it until it is roasted a little and its rawness is removed. Chop the bell pepper thinly and add it to the ingredients. Fry the meat for one minute and turn off the stove. At the end, add the chopped parsley to the meat ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Turn on the oven and set it to 180 degrees Celsius until it gets hot. Sprinkle some flour on the work surface and place the dough on it. Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and give them an oval shape. Then open the dough with a rolling pin. Prepare an oven tray and cover its bottom with greaseproof paper.Place the opened dough on the oven tray and pour the meat sauce into it. Spread the mixture completely on the surface of the dough with a spoon. Then fold the sides of the dough a little and gather the beginning and the end to make a boat-like shape. At the end, apply some olive oil on the dough.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Let the batter cook well and turn golden. In the last minute of cooking, remove the pide from the oven and pour some pizza cheese on it. Then leave it in the oven for another one to two minutes until the cheese melts. Remove the pides from the oven and sprinkle some chopped parsley on top. Let it cool a little. Then cut it with a knife and serve.