- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- 5 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 23, 2023
- 1 cup
- tap water
- 1 cup
- 4 cup
- ice water
- 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup
- fresh mint
It would be surprising for you to find out that shaved ice is actually an ancient dessert, prepared and consumed in many parts of the world. Back in the 9th century, the Japanese tended to shave large blocks of ice using sharp tools.
The ice shavings would be collected in small bowls and flavored with various types of syrup. Thanks to the Japanese, nowadays we can enjoy the icy and juicy dessert, known as Yakh Dar Behesht in Iran.
Sky is the limit when you’re preparing shaved ice. Feel free to add fruit or vegetable smoothies, or just pour on some syrup and even plain honey on the ground ice. This popular dessert is especially enjoyed during summertime.
Here are a couple of wonderful shaved ice recipe you can try and see what’s it all about.
Notes about How to prepare Iranian Shaved Ice (Yakh Dar Behesht)
- You can use different juices and smoothies to prepare this drink. Juices of various fruits would work just fine. All you need to do is to add a cup of juice per 2 cups of plain water and mix well.
- Feel free to omit the sugar component. There are no rules for preparing this drink flavors. You can simply add the sugar to get the whole thing sweetened up, or prepare the shaved ice without sugar to enjoy the actual taste of any juice you’re using.
- It’s a popular practice to add pulped juices of different fruits or vegetables to the shaved ice. For fruits such as oranges, pineapples, mangoes, you can just go ahead and mash the fruit into a pulpy liquid before adding it to the sugar solution.
- If you’re planning to use syrup on the shaved ice, make sure to reduce the sugar to half the instructed amount. Syrups include a good amount of sugar in their components, and adding excessive sugar would result in unpleasant, intense sweetness.
- To get this drink a satisfying sour taste, you can reduce the amount of sugar by one third to enhance the taste of lemon juice, or any other ingredient you’re using. Adding fresh pomegranate or cranberry juice to shaved ice is highly popular and sought after.
- Adding bits and slices of fresh fruit to this drink would give the appearance a delicious boost. Try decorating your shaved ice with slices of lime, fresh oranges, mint leaves, or whatever fruit you’re using for the juice.
- Some shaved ice recipes would taste heavenly with half a cup of milk; like the melon-flavored shaved ice. All you’ll need to do is to add half a cup of milk per two cups of water while preparing the solution.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
Please follow us in linkedin. You can learn all best french food recipe and best Italian food recipe and best arabic food recipes and best Iranian food recipes you can check our Reddit page.
Prepare Best Iranian Shaved Ice (Yakh Dar Behesht) 5 people - Online Culinary School
It would be surprising for you to find out that shaved ice is actually an ancient dessert, prepared and consumed in many parts of the world. Back in
Keywords: Shaved Ice
Recipe Yield: 5
Preparation Time: PT0H10M
Cooking Time: PT0H00M
Total Time: PT0H10M
- 1 cup tap water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cup ice water
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
Recipe Instructions: It would be surprising for you to find out that shaved ice is actually an ancient dessert, prepared and consumed in many parts of the world. Back in the 9th century, the Japanese tended to shave large blocks of ice using sharp tools. Enjoy Your Dessert!
- In a deep bowl, mix in a cup of tap water with the sugar. Keep stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add 4 cups of ice water and the lemon juice to the sugar solution and stir. Allow the bowl to sit in the freezer for 2 hours.
- After the sugar solution is frozen, retrieve it from the fridge. Shave it with a spoon and pour the shaved ice into cups or bowls of your own choice. Mix in the crushed mint leaves and return the cups to the freezer for one more hour.
- The shaved ice would turn half solid when it's ready. You can serve it with thin slices of lemon and fresh mint leaves.
No comments yet, be the first to leave one!