- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 30, 2023
Japanese Okonomiyaki cuisine has its own fans, and as you know, seafood such as sushi and sashimi are the most famous. However, in our own Japan, there is a simple and of course delicious food that has many similarities with pizza; That’s why they call it “Japanese pizza “!
Japanese pizza, which is called okonomiyaki in Japanese, is prepared with various ingredients, all of which are delicious. Today, okonomiyaki or Japanese pizza is served in Japanese restaurants all over the world. But if you are planning to travel to Japan, we suggest that you definitely try this delicious and colorful food in its birthplace. Stay with Eli Gesht to talk more about Japanese pizza.
This dish is a type of delicious and flavorful pancake and is very popular in Japan. The name of this dish comes from the word okonomi which means “how you like it” and yaki means “grilled”. Okonomiyaki is mostly served in the Hiroshima and Kansai regions, however it is popular all over Japan.
Different things are poured on this food, which are different in each region and city. But in general, chopped cabbage, chopped onion, meat, shrimp and vegetables are among the usual ingredients of this dish. Okonomiyaki is sometimes called a Japanese omelette, although it is known around the world as “Japanese pizza”.
History of okonomiyaki
There is much debate about the history and origins of Japanese pizza. Takesho Motoyama, a food researcher, believes that a similar dish called funoyaki existed in the 16th century, from which okonomiyaki was probably derived.
However, the ingredients and ingredients used in these foods are different and it is not possible to give a definite opinion on this matter. The history of funoyaki food dates back to the 16th century and is mentioned in some writings and books. In any case, it is safe to say that the era of World War II was the era of prosperity and fame of this dish.
During World War II, a much simpler version of okonomiyaki became popular throughout Japan. There were no restrictions in terms of ingredients in preparing this dish, and this Japanese pizza could be prepared with almost anything that was available.
During the Second World War, when there was a shortage of food and especially rice in Japan, this simple and cheap food quickly became popular, and since then the name okonomiyaki has been heard more.
Important tips for How to prepare Japanese Okonomiyaki
- Another name for Japanese pizza is Okonomiyaki Pizza.
- It is interesting to note that pizza cheese is not used in the preparation of Japanese pizza.
- You can choose, prepare and eat this pizza for main meals such as lunch or dinner.
- You can decorate it using different edible ingredients as you wish.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
How to prepare Best Japanese Okonomiyaki for 4 people - 1Touch Food Culinary Center
Japanese Okonomiyaki cuisine has its own fans seafood such as sushi and sashimi are famous. Delicious food that pizza Okonomiyaki
Type: Main Dish
Recipe Yield: 4
Preparation Time: PT0H15M
Cooking Time: PT0H15M
Total Time: PT0H30M
- 1 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 medium Lettuce
- 100 gram corn
- 200 gram Chicken breast
- 100 gram Mushrooms
- 1 As Needed Salt
Recipe Instructions: Japanese cuisine has its own fans, and as you know, seafood such as sushi and sashimi are the most famous. However, in our own Japan, there is a simple and of course delicious food that has many similarities with pizza; That’s why they call it “Japanese pizza “! Enjoy Your Meals!
- In the first step, chop the lettuce and then wash it in a colander and put it aside to remove the excess water.Then break the eggs in a bowl and add flour, water and a little salt as needed and mix well.Add the (shredded) lettuce to this mixture and mix well until it is uniform.
- Preparation of intermediate materials To prepare these ingredients, chop the mushroom, also chop the chicken fillet, and if using a tomato, chop it too.
- Put the chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes and corn in a pan with oil and fry them on low heat.
- In the last step, after the ingredients are cooked, pour the prepared dough in a circular shape on its surface and after some time, put the other side of the pizza in the pan.
- Then take it out of the pan and divide it into equal pieces and cut it.