- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 22, 2023
Due to the composition and simple cooking method of lentil meatballs, Mercimek Köftesi can be included in the category of dishes that are prepared quickly. So include this dish in the family menu and especially when you don’t have enough time to cook other dishes, enjoy cooking and eating this dish.
Mercimek Köftesi or lentil meatballs is another Turkish dish that you can prepare with different ingredients and you are free to choose the ingredients. For example, if you want to use more protein ingredients in the preparation of lentil meatballs, you can add some meat to the mixture.
Important points in preparing Turkish Mercimek Köftesi meatballs
- The ingredients for lentil meatballs (Mercimek Köftesi) should not be too hard or too loose. If your meatballs are looser than usual, pour some bulgers into some boiling water and let it brew and add it to the meatballs.
- If you feel that the ingredient of meatballs are a little hard, add some boiling water slowly to the ingredients and knead until you get the necessary hardness.
- The bulgeurs you use to prepare lentil meatballs should be fine. Coarse bulgurs takes more time to cook and may slightly reduce the hardness of the meatballs.
- The nature of Turkish Mercimek Köftesi meatballs is its spiciness, and pepper is one of the main elements in the preparation of this dish. But if you don’t have pepper or pepper puree available, you can remove it from the recipe.
- The main ingredient for making marjmak lentil meatballs (Mercimek Köftesi) is red lentil, but if you don’t have red lentil, you can use normal lentils to cook this delicious meatball.
- This meatball is usually served cold.
- To make marjmak lentil meatballs more colorful and tasty, you can add a little brewed saffron to the ingredients.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
How to prepare best Turkish Mercimek Köftesi for 4 people - 1Touch Food Culinary Center
Due to the composition and simple cooking method of lentil meatballs, Mercimek Köftesi can be included in the category of dishes that are
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: Mercimek Köftesi
Recipe Yield: 4
Preparation Time: PT0H30M
Cooking Time: PT1H00M
Total Time: PT1H30M
- 1 As Needed oil
- 1 As Needed Lemon juice
- 1 As Needed paprika
- 1 As Needed cumin
- 1 As Needed Black Pepper
- 1 As Needed Salt
- 3 cup water
- 2 table spoon tomato paste
- 2 table spoon Pomegranate paste
- 1/2 cup Chives
- 2 table spoon Olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 medium Onion
- 1/5 cup Bulgur
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 As Needed dried basil
- 1 As Needed dried mint
Recipe Instructions: Due to the composition and simple cooking method of lentil meatballs, Mercimek Köftesi can be included in the category of dishes that are prepared quickly. So include this dish in the family menu and especially when you don’t have enough time to cook other dishes, enjoy cooking and eating this dish. Enjoy your meals!
- To prepare lentil meatballs, wash the lentils and put them in a suitable pot. Add 3 cups of water to the pot and place the pot on the stove. Set the flame of the oven to low heat and let the lentils cook well. In the meantime, if the bulgurs are coarse, grind them a little with a food processor. When the lentils are cooked and the water in the pot is reduced, add the bulgur to the pot and let the lentils and bulgur cook for another 20 minutes on a gentle heat. Be careful not to overcook the bulgur and lentils.
- Until the lentil and bulgur water evaporates completely, wash and drain the spring onions, and then place the washed spring onions on the kitchen board and eat them. Peel and wash the onion and chop it finely. Pour a little oil in the pan and put it on the heat. After the oil heats up, add the chopped onions to the pan and fry until light and golden.
- When the onions are golden, add pomegranate paste, pepper paste, tomato paste, cumin, red pepper, black pepper and some salt and fry a little until the raw smell of the paste is removed. While the onion is frying, clean, wash and chop the parsley. After the raw smell of tomato paste is removed, remove the pan from the stove and set it aside. Then add chopped parsley and chopped chives to the ingredients and stir.
- Wait for about 15 minutes until the ingredients in the pan cool down a little. Add the lentil and semolina mixture to the ingredients in the pan and mix thoroughly. Knead the ingredients by hand for 5 to 10 minutes to create a sticky dough. Add olive oil, lemon juice, dried mint and dried basil and knead for another 5 minutes until the oil and lemon juice are absorbed into the meatballs.
- Take a small amount of meatball ingredients and shape it in your hand. Wash and dry some lettuce leaves and put them in the dish where you are going to serve the meatballs. Place the shaped meatballs on the lettuce leaves. You can use chopped tomatoes, chives, radishes and fresh basil and mint leaves to decorate the food.