- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 21, 2023
Arayes is a Lebanese dish. To prepare Arayes , pita bread is filled with meat and vegetables and finally put in the oven to be grilled. The meat is grilled in the oven and the water returns.
The juice of this meat is added to the bread and gives it a wonderful taste. It is very easy to prepare this food and it only takes a few minutes. In this tutorial, we explain how to prepare this food and give important tips to make it tastier. Stay with us.
History of Lebanese Arayes
Arayes is a Middle Eastern dish. This food is popular in Syria, Jordan and Turkey, but its origin goes back to Lebanon. Arayes or meat bread is known as a street food in Lebanon and is placed on the table as an appetizer at parties.
this food is an Arabic word and means bride. This word refers to the way meat is wrapped in pita bread and it is similar to a bride wearing a wedding dress.
When the Lebanese invite the bride and groom to their home for the first time, they prepare the Arayes and place them on the table. Therefore, some believe that this food is known as this food for this reason.
Important points in preparing Arayes
- The meat used in making this food is lean beef. 90% meat with 10% fat is suitable for preparing Arayes . If you wish, you can also use chicken or turkey meat to prepare Arayes .
- Spices include black pepper, cumin, fennel seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and coriander seeds. If you do not have access to any of the spices, you can add any of these items to the meat composition as desired.
- Use thin pita bread to prepare this food. Thin pita bread allows the heat to penetrate more easily and the meat mixture cooks faster. In addition, thin pita bread becomes more crispy when baked and gives you more delicious this food.
- In preparing the main this food, pita bread is filled with meat. If you like, you can add some vegetables to the meat mixture and have more different dishes. Mushrooms and bell peppers are among the vegetables that are used in the preparation of this food.
- If you don’t have an oven, you can place the buns on wire mesh and grill them over charcoal.
- If you have a lot of meat mixture, you can freeze it and keep it for next time.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
How to prepare delicious Lebanese Arayes for 16 people - 1Touch Food Culinary Center
Arayes is a Lebanese dish. To prepare Arayes , pita bread is filled with meat and vegetables and finally put in the oven to be grilled. The meat is grilled in the oven and the water returns.The juice of this meat is added to the bread and gives it a wonderful taste. It is very easy to prepare this food and it only takes a few minutes. In this tutorial, we explain how to prepare this food and give important tips to make it tastier. Stay with us.
Type: Main Dish
Recipe Yield: 16
Preparation Time: PT0H15M
Cooking Time: PT0H20M
Total Time: PT0H35M
- 450 gram ground beef
- 4 medium pita bread
- 2 medium Tomato
- 100 gram fresh parsley
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 small Garlic
- 2 Tea Spoon spice
- 1/2 Tea Spoon Salt
- 1/8 Tea Spoon paprika
- 3 table spoon Olive oil
Recipe Instructions: Arayes is a Lebanese dish. To prepare Arayes , pita bread is filled with meat and vegetables and finally put in the oven to be grilled. The meat is grilled in the oven and the water returns. Enjoy your Meals!
- To prepare Arayes, peel and wash onion and garlic. Clean and wash the parsley. Put parsley with garlic and onion in a food processor and chop it finely. Wash and chop the tomatoes. Transfer the chopped ingredients to a large bowl. Add the minced meat to the ingredients in the bowl. Put the spices in a bowl and mix well. Knead the ingredients well by hand until a uniform mixture is obtained.
- Divide each pita bread into 4 parts. Take one part and open it. Pour a spoonful of meat sauce into the bread. Remove the baking tray and lightly grease its bottom with olive oil. Put the stuffed breads in a tray and apply a little olive oil on them.
- Set the oven to 400°F and let it heat up. Place the tray containing the Arayesin the oven and wait for it to cook. Let one side of the breads become crispy and golden. After 10 minutes, turn the breads so that the other side is also roasted. Your dresses are ready. Arrange them in the desired dish and decorate with parsley leaves and chopped tomatoes. The Lebanese serve Arayesin with tahini sauce, yogurt or Tabbouleh salad. tahini sauce is a very hearty Lebanese sauce.