- Preparation time
- 40 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 5 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 23, 2023
Kebab barg is a highly savored type of traditional Asian Kebabs enjoyed in many Middle eastern countries, particularly in Iran, Turkey and Arabic regions. The dish is one of the primary options for ceremonies and formal events.
Many Iranian families tend to prepare Kebab barg for outdoor or indoor gatherings to enjoy their time together to the fullest. Kebab barg has been a popular dish since ancient times in Asian countries, and it will never cease to amaze as a delicacy loved by all.
Kebab barg is generally prepared with pounded beef, and served with roasted tomatoes, chili peppers and cooked rice.
Notes about to how prepare Iranian Kebab barg
- To get the Kebabs as tender as possible, choose a lean beef fillet and allow it to sit in marinating mixture for at least 12 hours. It would turn out the best if marinating takes place overnight in a fridge.
- If the beef is too thick to begin with, you can cut it in half to get leaner pieces. Pound each piece until it reaches the desired thickness.
- The beef would be a lot tenderer if it has been slaughtered at least three days earlier before preparing the dish.
- Adding mayonnaise or high fat yogurt to the marinating mixture would enhance the tenderness of the beef, also adding much more flavor. You can also use fresh lime juice instead of white vinegar.
- During the grilling process, sprinkle some table salt onto the Kebabs to enrichen the flavor. If the meat feels dry, simply brush some melted butter onto the Kebabs.
- You can enjoy Kebab barg with pickled olives, fresh basil and onions.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
Please follow us in linkedin. You can learn all best french food recipe and best Italian food recipe and best arabic food recipes you can check our Reddit page.
How to prepare best Iranian Kebab Barg for 5 people - Online Culinary School
Kebab barg is a highly savored type of traditional Asian Kebabs enjoyed in many Middle eastern countries, particularly in Iran, Turkey and Arabic
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: Kebab Barg
Recipe Yield: 5
Preparation Time: PT0H40M
Cooking Time: PT0H35M
Total Time: PT1H15M
- 900 gram beef
- 2 large Onion
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 2 table spoon white vinegar
- 1 table spoon Rosemary
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 table spoon Butter
- 3 medium laurel
- 1 Tea Spoon Salt
- 1 Tea Spoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tea Spoon Turmeric
Recipe Instructions: Kebab barg is a highly savored type of traditional Asian Kebabs enjoyed in many Middle eastern countries, particularly in Iran, Turkey and Arabic regions. The dish is one of the primary options for ceremonies and formal events. Enjoy your Meals!
- Prepare the beef beforehand in order to get the kabob as tender and scrumptious as possible. Rinse the beef thoroughly and allow the excess water to drain. Place it on a cutting board and pound well until the beef reaches the thickness of 5 millimeters. Be careful not to overdo the pounding, or the kabob will not hold itself and the texture will get unpleasant.
- Prepare the marinating mixture. In a large bowl, mix the olive oil with the chopped onions, melted butter, white vinegar, salt, ground black pepper, rosemary powder, chopped garlic, bay leaves and turmeric powder. Allow the beef to sit in the marinating mixture overnight or at least 12 hours before getting started with the grilling process.
- After the beef is thoroughly marinated, retrieve it from the bowl. Place it back on the cutting board. Press down a hand onto the beef, and gently push the skewers through the meat. Make sure the skewers are at least 3 inches apart. Once the skewers have been pushed through the meat, make vertical cuts to separate each skewer from the others. You can brush some melted butter onto the meat before grilling.
- Place the skewers on a preheated grill or barbeque rack. Flip over each kabob after 10 minutes and make sure each side has been grilled. Repeat the process for about 30 minutes until the kabobs are thoroughly grilled and the inner part of the meat is no longer pink. You can roast tomatoes, onions and chili peppers along with the meat before serving.
No comments yet, be the first to leave one!