- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 6 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 22, 2023
Imam bayildi is here for you. If you are among the people who love vegetarian food and dishes cooked with eggplant, we suggest that you definitely try Imam Bayildi’s dish (stuffed eggplant). This dish is one of the authentic Turkish dishes that has many fans all over the world. People who follow a vegetarian diet especially appreciate this food.
Of course, the recipe of this dish is also flexible like many Turkish dishes, and if you wish, you can use minced meat in its preparation. Imam Bayildi’s dish (stuffed eggplant) is a simple, delicious and appetizing dish that you can easily cook at home and enjoy with your family.
History of Imam bayildi (Stuffed Eggplant)
Imam bayildi (Stuffed Eggplant) is one of the traditional dishes of Turkey, the history of its cooking dates back to the Ottoman rule, and today, it is mostly cooked in parts of Turkey that have Ottoman origins. There are two types of stories for Imam bayildi’s eggplant dish (stuffed eggplant), both of which have humorous aspects.
In one of these stories, it is mentioned that one of the Ottoman rulers had a very nice wife who prepared delicious food for him every day. One day, the housewife makes stuffed eggplant with a combination of vegetables and puts it on the table.
When the ruler eats the food, he loses consciousness because of the great taste of this food. In another narration, it is stated that the ruler was informed that a large amount of olive oil was used to cook this dish, and he fainted due to the high cost of the oil.
In the second story, it is mentioned that one of the Ottoman rulers married the daughter of an oil merchant, and the girl’s dowry contained 12 jars full of high quality olive oil. Delicious dishes with olive oil were on the table every day, and the ruler loved to eat them.
On the 13th day, the oil runs out and the only food left to eat was stuffed eggplant with a combination of vegetables and a little olive oil. The ruler faints when he hears the news of running out of oil, which had a high price at that time.
Important points in preparing Imam bayildi (stuffed eggplant)
If you want to use less oil to cook imam bayildi (stuffed eggplant), you can put the eggplants in the oven instead of frying them. To do this, turn on the oven at a temperature of 230 degrees Celsius. Grease a sheet of foil with olive oil and arrange the eggplants on the foil. Make a longitudinal slit in the eggplants and put them in the oven for 20 minutes to cook.
If you wish, you can add some minced meat to the basic ingredients of Imam bayildi (stuffed eggplant).
To prepare the sauce, you can use a mixed sauce instead of tomato paste alone. To prepare this sauce, fry crushed garlic with tomato paste, salt and pepper a little and dilute the sauce with boiling water. Let the mixed sauce boil a little and then pour it over the stuffed eggplants.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
prepare best Turkish Imam bayildi (Stuffed Eggplant) 6 people - 1Touch Food Culinary Center
Imam bayildi If you are among the people who love vegetarian food and dishes cooked with eggplant, we suggest definitely try Imam Bayildi's
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: Imam bayildi
Recipe Yield: 6
Preparation Time: PT0H20M
Cooking Time: PT0H30M
Total Time: PT0H50M
- 6 medium eggplants
- 1 large Onion
- 6 medium Tomato
- 1 table spoon tomato paste
- 4 some Garlic
- 1 medium Bell pepper
- 3 table spoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 Tea Spoon cumin
- 1/2 Tea Spoon thyme powder
- 1 As Needed paprika
- 1 As Needed Salt
- 1 As Needed Black Pepper
- 1 As Needed Olive oil
Recipe Instructions: Imam bayildi is here for you. If you are among the people who love vegetarian food and dishes cooked with eggplant, we suggest that you definitely try Imam Bayildi’s dish (stuffed eggplant). This dish is one of the authentic Turkish dishes that has many fans all over the world. Enjoy your Meals!
- Peel the eggplants in stripes and leave the cap part. Place the eggplants in salt water for half an hour to remove their bitterness. After half an hour, drain the eggplants and let them drain completely. After the eggplants are completely dry, first cut them lengthwise and fry them in a suitable pan with olive oil. Make sure that the eggplant cut is not too deep and the eggplant does not tear.
- Peel the onion and chop it finely. Place a suitable frying pan on medium heat and pour some olive oil into it. Add the chopped onions to the pan and let them fry. In the meantime, peel and crush the garlic.
- Cut the bell pepper in half and after removing the eggs inside it, eat it like a gem. When the onions are fried, add crushed garlic and chopped bell pepper to the pan.
- At this stage, peel and chop the tomatoes and add them to the mixture inside the pan. Stir the ingredients and continue roasting until the tomato juice is completely absorbed. After that, add black pepper and salt to the ingredients. Finally, put the chopped parsley into the pan and fry all the ingredients together for one minute and remove the pan from the heat.
- Dilute the tomato paste with a little water and set aside. Set the oven to a temperature of 190 degrees Celsius to heat up. In the meantime, fill the eggplants with the prepared ingredients and place them in the oven tray. Place sliced tomatoes on each eggplant and pour diluted tomato paste on them.
- Place the tray in the oven. 30 minutes after placing the tray in the oven, your Imam bayildi (stuffed eggplant) is ready to serve. Remove the tray from the oven and put the eggplants in a suitable serving dish.