- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 70 mins
- 6 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 23, 2023
Iranian dishes are very well known to include many sorts of stews, prepared both with various types of meat and vegetables. Gheyme Sib Zamini is a savored stew popularly served in family gatherings, public events, and ceremonies. The traditional style Gheyme Sib Zamini is prepared with lamb meat bites and French fries.
However, the ingredients of this stew are much up to the chef’s preference; since Gheyme Sib Zamini is a versatile dish and you could choose alternatives for the lamb meat or the fries. Many people tend to enjoy preparing Gheyme Sib Zamini with chicken, mushrooms or without the meat component at all.
Gheyme Bademjan is also a popular dish, where the fries are replaced with fried eggplant slices.
Notes about how to prepare Iranian Gheyme Sib Zamini (Meat stew)
- Not all kinds of dried limes would work. If you cannot find any Persian dried limes, lime juice will do the job.
- It’s also popular for chefs to add some brewed saffron to enhance the appearance of the stew.
- There are so many alternatives for the meat component. You could easily try meatballs, meat chops, ground beef, chicken breast, or mushrooms. Or simply omit the meat! The stew would still taste fantastic.
- To speed up the cooking, you can use a pressure cooker instead of regular pots. The pressure cooker will reduce the cooking time in half.
- Check the stew every ten minutes to ensure the liquid doesn’t evaporate excessively. If the liquid has run low, add a cup or two of boiling water to the pot.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
Prepare Best Iranian Gheyme Sib Zamini (Meat stew) for 6 people - 1Touch Food Culinary Center
Gheyme Sib Zamini Iranian dishes are very well known to include many sorts of stews, prepared with various types of meat. Gheyme Sib Zamini is
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: Gheyme Sib Zamini
Recipe Yield: 6
Preparation Time: PT0H20M
Cooking Time: PT1H10M
Total Time: PT1H30M
- 3 table spoon tomato paste
- 2 large Onion
- 2 cup Yellow split peas
- 500 gram ground lamb
- 3 medium dried limes
- 2 large potato
- 1 As Needed Olive oil
- 1 Tea Spoon Salt
- 1 Tea Spoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tea Spoon Turmeric
- 1 Tea Spoon Cinnamon
Recipe Instructions: Iranian dishes are very well known to include many sorts of stews, prepared both with various types of meat and vegetables. Gheyme Sib Zamini is a savored stew popularly served in family gatherings, public events, and ceremonies. The traditional style Gheyme Sib Zamini is prepared with lamb meat bites and French fries. Enjoy your meals!
- Soak the split peas at least an hour before proceeding with the stew. Soaking will speed up the cooking, but you can also skip this step. Allow the peas to cook in a pot for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat when the peas are halfway cooked. Drain the peas, and make sure you don't throw the stock away. It will go a long way adding flavors to your stew.
- Pour some vegetable oil into a deep pot. Add the onions, minced lamb meat, cinnamon, black pepper, salt and turmeric powder. Stir and allow the meat to cook.
- Once the meat is fried on each side, add the cooked peas to the pot and sauté for 10 minutes. Add five cups of boiling hot water to the pot and wait about 10 minutes for the excess water to evaporate. Poke holes in dried lemons using a knife, and add them to the pot. Put the lid on, turn the heat to medium setting and allow the stew to simmer for an hour.
- In a separate pan, heat some vegetable oil and give the tomato paste a quick fry. Then add the tomato paste to the pot as well.
- While the stew is simmering, peel and slice the potatoes into long pieces. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the potato sticks until they are golden. Place the fries on a kitchen paper towel to drain the excess fat.
- Check the pot and make sure the meat is thoroughly cooked. You can serve Gheyme stew along with the fries and traditional cooked rice.