- Preparation time
- 180 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 8 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 22, 2023
- 500 gram
- 2 table spoon
- 2 medium
- egg yolks
- 250 gram
- ground beef
- 1 medium
- 2 table spoon
- fresh parsley
- 1 Tea Spoon
- Baking Pouder
- 1 As Needed
- 1 As Needed
- Black Pepper
- 1 As Needed
Borek is considered a delicious and traditional snack or appetizer among Turkish people, which has many fans. Mostly Turkish people like to eat this food with a special type of soup called Ezogelin .
In general, this dish is made from a dough called Yufka dough or a very thin layer of dough, which is filled with various ingredients. These ingredients can be meat, chicken, potatoes, all kinds of vegetables, cheese or anything else according to people’s taste, which they either fry in oil or cook in the oven.
Borek can be prepared and consumed in the form of sandwich dishes or even as finger food in festivals, celebrations or parties. This food is compatible with the taste of Turkish people, they consume it as a snack or appetizer, and even in the holy month of Ramadan, they use it at the time of breaking the fast.
Among the types of Boreks, we can mention simple Turkish Borek , spinach potato, Arabic, cheese and Turkish Borek with meat.
History of Borek
This dish is one of the most famous dishes of Turkey, which dates back to the distant past in Turkey, which is rooted in the culture of the people of that country and has a special place.
Turkish people are always famous in the world because of the importance they give to their food plans.
Turkish people’s interest in food causes a great diversity in the cuisine of that region. It should also be noted that mainly the foods of Turkey are foods with high fat and sugar. This dish is mainly found in most of the countries that were under the Ottoman Empire, such as Croatia, Albania, Bulgaria, Hungary and Turkey.
Important tips on how to prepare borek
- Each flour absorbs a certain amount of water, so be aware that to prepare the dough, water must be added to the flour little by little until the dough is formed.
- We can also use different types of vegetables for the ingredients inside this food. For example, you can use a variety of aromatic and delicious vegetables such as mint, parsley and basil.
- You can eat this food both cold and hot.
- Before frying or putting the borek in the oven, you can apply a mixture of egg yolk and saffron on them so that it will look more beautiful and attractive after frying or cooking.
- It is better before frying the borek in oil or placing the borek in the oven, the ingredients we put in the middle of the dough should be cooled and not hot.
- Instead of the special dough for burek, you can use soft lavash bread, which can save cooking time.
- If you are on a diet, make them in the oven instead of frying them.
One of the most important points in cooking is the use of fresh and organic ingredients. The first point is to use fresh ingredients.
The more you follow these tips, the better and tastier you will have. Rest assured, you definitely can and you will need some experience.
Please follow us in linkedin. You can learn all best french food recipe and best Italian food recipe and best arabic food recipes you can check our Reddit page.
How to prepare delicious Turkish Borek for 8 people - Online Culinary School
Borek is considered a delicious and traditional snack or appetizer among Turkish people, which has many fans. Turkish people like to eat this food
Type: Main Dish
Recipe Yield: 8
Preparation Time: PT3H00M
Cooking Time: PT0H15M
Total Time: PT3H15M
- 500 gram Flour
- 2 table spoon Yogurt
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 250 gram ground beef
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 table spoon fresh parsley
- 1 Tea Spoon Baking Pouder
- 1 As Needed Salt
- 1 As Needed Black Pepper
- 1 As Needed water
Recipe Instructions: Borek is considered a delicious and traditional snack or appetizer among Turkish people, which has many fans. Mostly Turkish people like to eat this food with a special type of soup called Ezogelin. Enjoy your meals!
- In the first step of preparing borek, we take a bowl and break the eggs inside the bowl, separate the white from the yolk, and then mix the yolk with a fork.
- Slowly add the yogurt to the eggs and mix.
- We take another bowl and sift the flour and pour it into the bowl. Then we add salt, pepper and baking powder to the flour and mix completely until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- We add the flour mixture to the eggs and yogurt and mix, at this stage we slowly add water to the ingredients and knead it by hand until the prepared mixture becomes a paste.
- We put the obtained dough in a freezer bag and tie it and let the dough rest for about one to two hours.
- At this stage, it is time to prepare the ingredients for the dough. At this stage, we wash, peel and chop the onion and place the frying pan on the gas stove, pour oil into it and fry the onions in the frying pan. When they are fried, we add minced meat to it and fry and wait until the meat is cooked.
- Add salt, pepper, spices and chopped parsley to the mixture and mix well.
- Take the dough out of the freezer bag and divide it into three equal parts. Then sprinkle some flour on a board and place the doughs separately on the board and use a rolling pin to roll the doughs into thin circles.
- We put our ingredients in the center of the circular dough and fold the dough in half until it becomes a semi-circle. Be careful, if we want the edges of the dough to stick together well, it is enough to coat the edges of the dough with egg yolk. Apply and then put the edges together.
- We put the pan on the gas stove and turn on the gas. We pour enough frying oil in the pan so that the borek are immersed in the oil. After the oil heats up, put the borek in the oil and fry them. The best way to fry is when the dough becomes golden and puffy. After the bureks are fried on one side, we turn them over and fry the other side. After the borek are fried, because there is a lot of oil sticking to the borek, we take them out of the oil and put them in a metal net to remove the excess oil. Then we put them on a paper towel or a kitchen towel to remove the rest of their excess oil. Then we put them in the desired dish and decorate them.
No comments yet, be the first to leave one!